Street Price Preorder: EOS 6D Mark II Body or with 24-105 II Kit

Due to popular demand, we are bringing back the discounted street price EOS 6D Mark II preorders. All pre-orders should be entered before July 20th, as the camera is expected to arrive the following week. Please inquire for details and the price.

The pre-orders are for brand new cameras from a Canon authorized dealer. Shipping is free. Please inquire for more details, including the price.

See deal archive for:

5 comments on “Street Price Preorder: EOS 6D Mark II Body or with 24-105 II Kit

1. July 19, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Don’t know if you can say, but in general how is the interest in this camera at this point?

1. July 19, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Not as good as the interest in your mom! SNAP! Ok, that was low, I’m sorry, I’m sure your mom is a nice lady. 😉

I would have to guess the interest is pretty good from enthusiast and amateurs, since the 6D is a more affordable option than the 5D and 1D. For pros and videographers, probably not so much, as they are likely dealing with better gear already. I passed on the 6Dmk1 because the AF system wasn’t going to get it done for me, so I got the 80D instead. 6DmkII is much improved AF, when I start looking at FF I will give this one a good look. Probably still going with a 5D though.

1. July 19, 2017 at 11:49 pm

Unfortunately my mom passed away about 20 years ago…but no offense taken…I know you are only joking.

Just interested in what the interest level in the camera is at this point, given all of the internet talk, both pro and con. Canon cameras have a way of underperforming on specs but overperforming in actual real world usage, and I expect this camera to be no different.

2. Garry
      July 19, 2017 at 11:46 pm

IMO, it really depends on the test results from DXO Mark results in terms of dynamic range and low light performance. If it is par with the 5D IV, it’s a winner!

1. Garry
        July 20, 2017 at 1:06 am

DpReview has just released a report on the dynamic range performance of the new 6D II. It’s not good, perhaps even worse than the original 6D. This is disappointing…sigh!